CASE STUDY: DOUBLE-DIGIT INCREASE IN SERVICE LINES
A 255 BED COMMUNITY HOSPITAL WITH A MALTI-CLINIC SYSTEM IN MISSOURI
Please note; because we are disclosing specific issues and numbers which apply to a client, we do not feel it proper for us to publicly reveal their identity without their written permission.
- THE CHALLENGE -
The client is a community hospital located near a large metro area and much larger competing hospitals. Their largest competitor was gaining market share through an aggressive advertising/marketing campaign and opening clinics within the client’s PSA.
Other than the standard HIDI and typical healthcare reports, the client hospital had very little data regarding brand awareness and perceptions, as well as specific patient feedback. Advertising was placed on typical healthcare media channels applying the same predictable and generic brand approach commonly used by many hospitals.
- OUR SOLUTION -
As we always do, we first focused on acquiring better data to base direction and decisions upon. Working with the client’s marketing department, we conducted specific research and developed a patient feedback and listening processes.
Using what we learned from the data and research, we then developed strategic marketing plans with measurable initiatives that more effectively supported the hospital’s goals and key objectives. We helped to define the overall brand of the organization, as well as the brand of each service line to improve relevance and appeal to targeted audiences. We conducted analysis on all traditional and digital media options and created a more effective and cost-efficient approach.
- THE RESULTS -
IMPROVED MEDIA EFFICIENCY
(With the existing budget)
• Reallocated media buy to channels that best aligned with strategic objectives
• Decreased cost per point (CPP) and cost per thousand (CPM) by 22%
• Increased net reach of target demographic by 13.9% or 30,048
IMPROVED AWARENESS & CREDIBILITY
The client’s marketing department received over 20 awards for work we collaborated on with them from the following:
• Emerald Awards: Video
• Emerald Awards: Total Campaign
• Emerald Awards: Radio
• Show-Me Excellence Awards: Video
• Show-Me Excellence Awards: Multimedia Campaign
• Show-Me Excellence Awards: Television
• Show-Me Excellence Awards: Print
• Show-Me Excellence Awards: Advertising – Television
• Cancer Awareness Advertising Awards: Billboard Design
• CardioVascular Advertising Awards: Total Campaign
• Healthcare Advertising Awards: Brochure
• Healthcare Advertising Awards: Special Video
• Healthcare Advertising Awards: Newspaper Series
• Healthcare Advertising Awards: Direct Mail
• Healthcare Advertising Awards: Total Ad Campaign with TV
• Healthcare Advertising Awards: Television – Single
• Healthcare Marketing Report Awards: Transit / Billboard
• Aster Awards: TV / Video – Single
• Aster Awards: Service Line – Women’s Imaging
• Aster Awards: Radio – Single
Improved Bottom Line Results
for the Hospital
In a year-over- year comparison (2014/2015), the hospital’s overall patient volume increased an average of 21%.
In specific service lines the hospital’s marketing department and Red Crow Marketing targeted, collaborated on and promoted, the increase in year-over- year patient volumes were as follows: