Social Media Marketing in 2022
Social media marketing trends have an enormous impact on how consumers view a business and its products or services. These networks are an endless virtual world people go to in search of valuable, timely information. Not only do they often find the information they are looking for, but they are also provided a platform to share experiences with just about anyone in the world. Because of this, businesses have turned to this online segment to reach target customers – creating the concept of a social media marketing strategy.
Social Media Statistics
The best place to start is statistical data to stay up to date with the latest social media marketing trends and improve your online marketing strategies. This data can help your business get a clear picture of its social media performance, helping to understand what’s working and provide ideas for new opportunities. Social media continues to be an integral part of e-commerce and consumers’ daily lives. Statistics showing your business’s online reach and social media engagement will be vital as apps grow and platforms evolve.
Social Media Marketing Trends to Maintain
There is no shortage of social media marketing trends. Every week, it seems like a new trend creates a buzz on the internet. Maintaining a never-ending list of social media updates, trends, and emerging platforms can be arduous. Thankfully, keeping up with social media marketing trends doesn’t have to be a full-time job. Here are five tips on how to do it:
- Manage your time – It’s essential to create a plan and posting calendar, using similar businesses as examples and scheduling posts in advance when content is available.
- Focus on your business’s priorities – What do you want to promote? Do you have a top-selling product more people should know? Whatever it is you need the world to know should be your top social media priority. Create content around those priorities and diversify when other opportunities present themselves.
- Use credible sources – Want to share an article online? Be sure what you’re sharing with your consumers is credible. The most common mistake people can make online is passing along misinformation or statistics that have been distorted for personal gain. Doing so can lead to mistrust among customers and a decrease in business.
- Stay in the know – Platforms such as Twitter send informational emails about what’s trending each day. It’s important to know what is current online so your business can realize potential posting opportunities. Additionally, many platforms offer alert options so your social media managers can always know when someone is trying to reach you online.
- Utilize communities – Social media communities are groups within a platform in which members relate to shared experiences and interests. With a solid strategy and consistent engagement, brands can build a community of devoted followers who act as brand ambassadors – marketing for your business at little cost.
When starting on social media, it’s critical for a business to establish its brand values. How they want to do business, interact with consumers, build relationships, etc. Establishing brand values starts with trust. It’s easy to tell when a brand is deceptive, and customers tend to respond accordingly – leaving negative reviews, shopping elsewhere, etc. To build trust with the social media community, a business must communicate directly with customers, provide sincerity in their messaging, and disclose accurate information that’s valuable to the customer.
The most successful brands take a personal approach to social media. They interact gleefully with their following, intertwining their unique personality with posts and expressing themselves as a person instead of a brand. This humanizes your business, helping to build trust and boost engagement.
Paid social media
Paid social media is essentially a form of online advertising. However, it is one of the most popular social media marketing trends. Platforms have extensive targeting algorithms to reach people within a designated area. Paying money to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. to have your posts shared with specific audiences is a valuable tool for boosting engagement and creating new business.
Additional Social Media Marketing Trends
The Creator Economy Boom
Social media platforms have thousands of “content creators” that often act as brand ambassadors, promoting goods or services for a price.
Short-form Vertical Video
Short-form videos are two-and-half to three minutes long, and vertical videos are recorded in a portrait position. These videos waste no time promoting products and disclosing their main features and benefits.
TikTok has grown exponentially in the last year and is one of the most popular social media platforms. There is a long list of TikTok users with significant followings. Many of these accounts have been commercialized and partnered with brands to do advertising.
Memes, Memes, Memes
Who doesn’t love a good meme? Finding a way to promote your business while creating humor through a relevant, non-offensive meme can do wonders for a brand.
Red Crow’s Social Media Marketing
Red Crow Marketing’s team of online marketing experts can help your business stay on top of social media marketing trends. Whether it’s designing content, managing a paid campaign, reporting the ROI, or doing all three, we can assist where your business needs us most. We can plan, develop, and execute a social media marketing campaign that truly works.